Sunday, December 30, 2012

Festive Running

Thank goodness for the long xmas and new year holidays. Happy to be out running the trails after our Nepal trip.

Pre-Xmas Sat: did my usual loop 22-23km

Pre-Xmas Sun: recee-d the BT trails for routes for a corporate climb that I'm organising. Ah-ha! Now I know where all the trails lead to and how they inter-connect! Including where the "Summit" trail from Wallace education centre goes. I've always ran past the opening but never knew where it went.

Xmas eve: again, my usual route

Xmas day: one more time, bliss

The weather has been gorgeous in the past week, cool and not too humid. Parts of the trail were splish-splosh muddy though, after intermittent downpours. I had a hard time washing and getting my shoes dry in time for the next run.

Pre-New Year Sat: long run, 36-37km, woohoo!
It was a perfect day. In the zone, totally. Great weather, legs were finally back in rhythm after Nepal, breathing in sync, and no low-sugar bonking. Ran to MR, did two complete loops, back to Belukar and Zhenghua, and the BT MTB trail. It was one of those I could have gone on forever days. Loved it.

Pre-New Year Sun: usual route, but with Durian Loop
Strangely, Durian loop smelt of jackfruits instead of durians. There was the annual MR-Ultra event at MR today. Happy to spot many familiar Ultra faces, as well as new faces taking on their first ultra. The weather was still cool, though there were bouts of light drizzle and sunshine. Spotted a bruise on my foot arch, the result of overly tight shoelaces from yesterday.

Looking forward to another two days of lazy trail runs. :)



No comments: