Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Little Birthday Reflection

A little birthday reflection

I first saw a lean tanned guy
Trying hard to address a crowd
As he tried to project his voice
Each time he spoke
A hand coolly perched on his back
The other gesticulating away
His body weight slightly on one foot
His face slightly turned

I soon learned he was the trainer
Whose training plans I eagerly await
Every Monday before 830am
My Inbox I would check
One week it was late
Repeated refreshing brought nil mails
What relief as it finally beeped
With the awaited plan at 10am

Many speed and distance runs
Across interesting routes and mixed terrains
Through unknown roads and linkages
Hidden estates we bashed through
Cantebury Portsdown discovered
Brings much respite to the runs
Easing the pounding monotony
And hard panting breaths

On this twenty-ninth of September
As you turn two past thirty years
I wish you many more happy returns
As you attain many better PBs
Amongst the greatest one we can never beat
Your choice of significant other
As you continue your journey with her
Have a happy birthday, Ong

No comments: