Friday, July 6, 2012

A Mega Crazy Capstone-cum-Running Week

I could not even begin to count how crazy this week had been.

We had a Major Capstone Exam. An 8h long paper with a Pass/ Fail grade - my Prof said that it was impossible to fail, and I would take his word for it. But I would still have to put in the minimal readings and preps. So I was on study leave for a a couple of days to coop myself up at home and mug. I must say that my place is really nice and quiet to be focused and productive. In between the mugging, I squeezed in times for runs and clocked a fair bit of mileage this week.

Let's see,

Mon - ran in the morning 1.5h before dashing to school for a study group, then back home, worked a bit, and out for a class dinner. After the long runs over the weekend, I was surprised that my legs could still push and go fast, so I covered more ground this morning within my usual duration.

Tues - again, dashed a quick 50min, cut 2min before heading to work. Then home to study.

Wed - clocked a 2h through the evening trails in the nice, cool post-rain weather. Back to the books.

Thurs - Capstone! Survived! Desperately need a mental break. So another 1.5h in the evening, this time on the road to avoid the mega-downpour in the day.

Fri - Mad rush at work, then off to Valedictory Dinner and my last chance to see my foreign classmates, who were graduating and returning home this weekend. And to pack for my PD Race trip tomorrow.

Literally madness. Average of 2am bedtime each day.
Did not know howI survived, but I did. Whew!

No comments: