Saturday, June 16, 2012

Missing Blogs of Runs

Right ok, missing blogs do not mean missing runs. Everytime I get into this time-tension with Alber over running and he asks if "don't run will die" (a literal translation from Chinese slang), I say "Yes!" without hesitation. I need the space to chill and recharge, and running is my space. But my space also takes a long, long time, and I like to pack-squeeze everything (im)possible into an ultra tight schedule. And that fixation with cramping and doing everything causes much grief. *grin*

I managed to keep up with morning runs, but they have since grown shorter to around 55min, followed by some lunges and push-ups. I blame that on my sleep cycle, which I blame on my studies and others, but which I think ultimately it is just my poor last-min time management and obsession with not wanting to give up anything. Even my weekend supposedly long runs have been shortened, or missed. :(

Take last weekend, I only ran on Sunday. Went from home to MR ranger toilet and rushed back for lunch. Thankfully I caught the cool pleasant weather, which turned scorching by afternoon. To soothe the guilt, I very disciplinedly ran (jogged) every morning this week. And since I am alone this weekend, I must get some long runs into my system! The Monday exams can wait. My runs cannot. :)

No comments: