Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Last Stairs and a Silk Liner

My last day of training before marathon and expedition. Should I be happy that I could rest for a few days, or anxious that the events are ticking close? I did the same as before, 8 sets at TB flat. My backpack seemed heavier - maybe the packing and weight distribution was not ideal. The wonders of the human body to adapt to a differen training routine. Legs were definitely conditioned by now to the demands of stair climbing with load. So unlike the first time a month ago when I started and ached for a few days. The 8 sets were still a boring routine, but at least it passed rather soon. Alber was waiting to have dinner so I had inspiration to rush through the last set. *pant pant breathe*

Now to go home and dig out my silk sleeping bag liner. Last night I experimented with one, sleeping in my air-con room inside the liner. Then I felt cold, and pulled over my silk blanket. My arms were directly cocooned by the blanket and were nice and warm. My toes though were wriggling inside the liner and kinda cool. Hmmm... maybe the liner was not 100% silk. Ok, it really was not, given how cheap it was. So tonight I am going to experiment again with my pure silk liner and see if there is a difference.

1 comment:

-ben said...

100% silk liners are best. Some come with a ripstop feature. They are a lot more compact that cotton or cotton-blend versions. They make getting in and out of a sleeping bag a little more of a hassle but do keep the sleeping bag cleaner. I got myself a pair of silk glove liners as well. They are meant to be worn under gloves but do a fabulous job of keeping the digits warm under the sleeping bag :-)