Monday, December 1, 2008

Yellowfish Swim Class

It began raining at the start of the class at Mountbatten pool today. Brrr..... the water was cold. Underwater, I could hear the rain splatter, in addition to my arm splashes. I thought the rain might get heavier, given the dark clouds looming overhead. Thankfully it stopped after 15min.

Class was kind of tough today. Well, Monday's class was faster than Friday's, so I ended up back in Lane 1 (no complaints though). We did quite a lot of drills too.

4-6 laps of freestyle kicks (cos can't remember the exact laps)
2-4 laps of front crawl arms only (buoys between legs)
Easy 200m swim
6-12 sets of 50m sprints
Recovery 200m
6-12 sets of 50m sprints
Long swim moderate pace 400m (other lanes 500m)
100m butterfly/ front-crawl
2 laps of catchup drills
2 laps of one-arm pull (alternate side)
2 laps of fist-swim
2-3 laps of any-style swim (literally 'free' style)

Wow, that was a long agenda. I was quite bushed after class. And cold..... so cold that I wore my jacket in the car after the (cold) shower, and drove off in search of dinner. A bowl of nice hot soupy stuff was comforting. :) I drove to NUS prata stretch. First, I had a ban mian from the Taiwanese shop - I quite liked the place. Then I went next door for a prata-kosong. Nicely warmed up and satisfied. :)

No comments: