Monday, December 8, 2008

Screwed

It was a hopeless & messy marathon for me today. Had a bit of a personal disaster, so in the end I did not start with my pacer group. By the time I squeezed through the pen, I crossed the starting mat very late. I spent 20km trying to catch up with my group, and gave up by 26km. So I took off my pacer shirt so as not to mislead runners, and continued with my own run. This was one marathon where I (a) drank the most at drink stations, and (b) ate the least power gels (only 2!).

In any case, it was a pretty screwed up run. I'm just glad 2008 is drawing to a close and SCSM was the last run for the year. Time to retire my legs....

1 comment:

kops21 said...

We screwed up at times. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Learned from the experience and move forwards.