Sunday, February 7, 2010

My First LSD

My first LSD this year and with MF runners. It has been 6 weeks since I ran anything more than 1.5hrs.

Route for this Sunday (07/02/10):
Club -> Depot Road -> Alexandra Road -> Pasir Panjang Road -> South Buona Vista Road -> Turn left at NUH -> Lower Kent Ridge Road -> Kent Ridge Crescent -> Clementi Road -> Kent Ridge Crescent -> Lower Kent Ridge Road -> Science Park Drive -> Kent Ridge Park -> Go down by Pepys Road -> Pasir Panjang Road -> Telok Blangah Road -> Kampung Bahru Road -> Go up MF -> Go down via Pender Road (~22km) -> Telok Blangah Road -> Telok Blangah Rise -> Club (~26km)

Route map: http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/sg/singapore/900126533792745658


I was so tired last night, cumulative lack of rest. I had no rest days since last Saturday and could feel the fatigue by then. I slept at 10:30pm!

We started off the run this morning at a good pace. There were several runners, many of whom were training for HKSCM. I chatted with Yong in the beginning. He kept asking when I was qualifying for Boston. Muahahaha, I nearly tripped at that suggestion. Me, a never-sub-4-before runner? For laughs and amusement. :)

Both my feet were sore. Left sole had not recovered, though much better. Right arch was tight and aching. Then I had a stiff neck from a bad pillow posture last night and could not turn my head to the right. Oh my... how to run?

I took an incredibly long time for the run. I stopped for a toilet break at NUS Comp-cen. Somehow I always slowed down on the exit route out of NUS (to NUH and Kent Ridge Park). I was walking up the KR Park slope, when Ong ran past me from behind. He was doing an extra loop. On the way down Pepys and Pasir Panjang Rd, I was so flat, I needed fuel. So I bought a HL low-fat chocolate and drank it. And filled my bottle with chilled Gatorade.

Then I contemplated cutting short the run, but decided to grit it through. I finished unglamourously in 3:04h run-time.

No comments: