Sunday, July 10, 2011

Stanley Park Run

And I managed to complete that loop around Stanley Park, and still made it to the conference on time! *Pleased with self* It was not that long a distance afterall, perhaps 15km? But I took more time because I stopped to snap pictures along the way.

The last of my 6am runs. I left just past 630am and made my way along the Beach front towards Stanley Park. It is the largest park in downtown Vancouver, situated at the Western end of the Seawall, and houses many species of flora and tourist sights. I read about the totem poles and just had to run my way there to see them. I also ran past the statute of a Girl in Wetsuit (that looked like the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen), the 9 o'clock gun, Jubilee Fountain and various. Along the way, I saw cyclists on road bikes training in the cool Sunday morning sun.

I had to dash back to my hotel after taking a tad too many photo stops. But it was a worthwhile run. Ahhh, running is still the best way to see a city. :)

No comments: