Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Survived 6am!

So yesterday I procrastinated and wondered if it was safe to run in the dark at 6am, and yet not be along some route that would be infested by traffic by 7am. I woke at 530am, hesitated and went back to sleep.

Today I was determined to head out for an early morning run. The days of running in Canada inspired me. It felt healthy. Legs felt fresh at the start of the day, and it was a good perk up for the rest of the day.

I awoke at 6am, headed to the nearby PCN and enjoyed my jog. I was surprised by the number of early risers on their morning strolls etc. The day seemed chirpier and the feeling at the crack of dawn was very alive. :) Just me enjoying my me-moment. However, it was extremely humid, unlike the cool Vancouver 13 - 16degC weather. Suddenly my running vest felt cumbersome and unbreathable. Anyhow, I miscalculated the distance and overshot. Clocked 1:30h total. Ran home for a quick shower and off to the office.

Ahh, I made it! 6am! Let's see how long I can sustain this.

No comments: