Friday, February 17, 2012

A Crazy Week - Breathe!

An absolutely crazy, short week, what with a couple of school and work assignments due, plus a long trip coming up over the weekend and various other odds and ends. I ended up with 4-5h sleep each day, struggled to get out for morning runs, and sit through classes, and finish up my work. Deadlines now count by the hours rather than days.

Managed a short 1.5h trail run on Sat evening, and a long 4h-odd trail run on Sun morning. Plus another two 1:20h runs on the weekdays. Tried to stay sane, but clearly, cortisol and stress levels were going up.

Thursday night before I was due to fly off (on Friday morning), I was still in the office near midnight. Rushed home to pack for two back-to-back trips (craziness!) and still sorting out last minute submissions. Not perfection but could not have cooked them further, so just had to close both eyes and sent them off. :(

Did not sleep the entire night as had only 4h to do all the above. I hope I survive the crazier ultra weekend to come!

No comments: