Sunday, February 12, 2012

Long Run Sunday

Made an effort to pull myself out of bed at 8:30am. I wanted to run about 30km in the trail and needed about 4h for it. Skipped breakfast (not wise) in order to save time (warped logic...), and off I went. Lack of sleep, lingering thoughts about work, assignment and trip, plus low sugar made their effects felt.

I ran from BT, Durian Loop, to MR and completed 1 loop. My plan was to cover two loops inside MR, but was too lethargic to start on the second round. So I headed back. 2:30h running without food. Plodding on...

Then on a spur, I decided to detour towards ZhengHua and take the Dairy Farm MTB route home. The weather alternated between blazing sun and dark clouds, but for the most part, it was cool weather for the run. It took a bit of re-orientation to figure out my way back in the reverse DF route. Switchbacks and split paths that were not obvious on my normal runs suddenly demanded decisions. The reverse direction, however, seemed easier (if not for my tired state) as it had more downslopes. Plodding on...

Finally got home. 3:40h. Might not have covered 30km, possibly a few km less.
On 3x 500ml bottles of water and nothing else. Dreaming of my yong-tau-foo-bee-hoon soup and a piping cup of teh-tarik!

No comments: