Thursday, May 10, 2012

Crazy School Weeks Make Sub-par Runs

Over the weekend, I tried to relish whatever free time I had left before school term begins again. Saturday morning was a washout and I happily slept in til late. It was generally a very cool day and I went for an evening run along the MTB - yes, mud pools and couple of fallen branches all over. Then on Sunday morning, I did my usual to-and-fro MR loop. Of late, the weather has been utterly random. It was sweltering hot on Sunday, compared to the previous day. I was toasted, again. However, by the time I reached home, it started thundering and I barely missed the short but intense downpour. Whew, at least I got my run done.

And.... *drumroll please* .... the start of school. Four evenings per week. The schedule was simply crazy. That meant that all runs had to be in the mornings. Given that I get home anywhere between 10 - 11pm each day, followed by random To-do tasks, I was most reluctant to get out of bed each morning. And consequently overslept.

I only managed to get myself out on the tarmac on Wed and Thurs. :(  And only managed to tackle 52min each time on the tarmac Rifle Range Road. Sigh. :((  Way off norm. But no matter how short, I needed those quiet me-time to simply breathe normally, un-tensed, and ease into the craziness of each day.

*Deep breath*
One week down, five more to go.


No comments: