Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Little Evening Run

Life feels normal again, just for this week. School's over. Exam's over. And I can go join my friends at MF for an evening run and dinner, with no time pressure and back-of-mind stress. Ahh, life is pretty good for now.

I started late but followed the MF designated route for today. The start of the road run was a bit lacklustre. Went up Morse Road and across the Henderson Wave. The wooden bridge looked rather nice against the sunset. I think Singapore won some urban award for this bridge design. Across the bridge and down the other end, I bumped into Melvin who was waiting for the last runners. They had gone around the TB Hill loop, so I skipped that and rejoined the group towards Depot Road. Re-joined, as in they were within sight, not that I was running with them. A big difference.

I ran into Canterbury estate. Jaime and Melvin both said that we were supposed to do the 'short loop', but I had no idea what was the shortened version. I had only one route around Canterbury, or else I would get lost somewhere. So I simply ran that complete loop that I always did. I sort of like running in Canterbury and peering into all those big, nice Colonial bungalows. They were state property and not for sale. Only for rental and I think all to foreigners. They pay rents in the region of S$20,000 per month for a giant house nested in the greens and seclusion, full of character. After the loop, I continued to Alexandra and TB St 31 to get back to clubhouse.

A nice little evening run. Ahhh.

No comments: