Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sea Swim & Trails

I was late for this morning's sea swim. Oops. Too tired from last night's outing. I missed a few laps and only did 1 warm-up lap of the 250(?)m triangular loop. Then we were grouped into 2, 3, and 4 loops. Coach instructed us to try all sorts of 'stunts' - backstroke, sighting, overtaking etc - while doing the loops. We ended with relay sprints in teams of 4 swimmers. My group had a really young Sec 2 boy who was very very fast. I swam first, then 2 others, and he took the last slot. While we were around 3rd placing, he managed to propel us to 1st spot each time. He was not even sprinting nor panting. The way he cut and glided through the water was so effortless, it was a joy to watch from the shore. He took his time to breast-stroke and once clear of the crowd around the buoy, he took off into front crawl. It was like watching a musical symphony, in harmony, smoothly executed. While the other swimmers were furiously pumping arms into the water, he just cut ahead. Wow.

Late in the afternoon, I went to BT for trail training. As usual, 3x SRJ paths. Pack felt heavier even though the items were unchanged from before. It was almost dark when I finished my training. Had to rush back for a wedding dinner.

No comments: