Sunday, June 29, 2008

PI Run Series (I)

The PI Run this morning was disastrous. I should have maintained my sanity and not take part in a 12km race. I knew several of the road marshals, a number of my gym members were volunteering and they cheerfully waved the runners on. The weather was hot and humid. After 5-6km, I would be happy to end the run. The guys caught up fairly soon. Initially I saw Teck Hou, Kim Hong and Joshua. At one point Kim Hong was leading, then Joshua. Kim Hong called out as he overtook me. He looked strong and was still smiling, so I guessed he still had some reserves in his engine. At 7/8km, the water point was serving some diluted 100-plus and I took a cup. Bad judgement, because it was gassy and I felt like I could not breathe properly or deeply. The run went downhill from then. Around 10km, many of our Safra guys ran past me. Stomach still felt queasy.... Finally managed to finish the run after what seemed like forever. Hopeless.... Mental scolding to self never to sign up for short races again....

No comments: