Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Smashed Tuesday Class

Another make-up class tonight. It rained so heavily in the afternoon, I expected the pool to be cool. I braced myself and jumped in. But no! It was still warm, albeit slightly cooler than yesterday. Geez.

Tuesday class is minimal drills and maximum training. We did some kicking and pulling, and the real stuff began. 5x 200m at 5:30min. Last night was a comfortable 6:00min, which I cleared 5:10min on the average anyway. But tonight I could feel the tiredness. And all the swimmers in front of me were going pretty fast. I tried my best to follow. Managed to clear 2 sets in sub-5min! Yeah! Total of 25min (vs last night's 26min).

Then we did a medley of butterfly (mine looked more like caterpillar....), breaststroke, backstroke and front crawl.

And the killer sprints. 7x 100m @ 2:45min. That meant every 2:45min we start a new set. So if you were very fast, like 1:30min, you would have more than 1min of rest before the next set. On the other hand, if you were very slow like me, you would barely have a few seconds of breather before Go. Maximum I managed was 2 consecutive sets, and rested. So I completed 5 sets instead of 7.

Aching arms and shoulders. I actually felt hungry after the class!

1 comment:

warriorsofwind said...

aiya.. should have taken some food during the installation instead of bearing with the hunger till home