Saturday, April 18, 2009

Stockholm

The only city that I did not manage to go outside for runs. Basically because:
1. I had no time
2. My hotel was located right in the heart of the shopping area, and 10min from the greenery (Imagine running through Orchard Rd to get to Botanic Gardens...)
3. It was freaking cold with the wind chill and strong winds
4. My hotel had a gym with treadmill (luckily!)

So I ran twice on the treadmill, late at nights. It was a torture to get through 60min run. I watched movies that were on TV. I did not understand the language, they dubbed the Hollywood movies into Swedish. But it did not matter since I could not hear over the treadmill anyway. Haha. A good distraction.

After the exotic alpine experiences and oh-so-white-&-silent snowscapes in Northern Finland, the regality of castles, palaces, museums and nature in Greater Copenhagen, I must say Stockholm's archipelagos and castles paled somewhat in comparison. Or perhaps I did not have the chance to venture out and far.

No comments: