Friday, April 24, 2009

Yellowfish Swim Finally!

Long-missed swimming class, finally back in class today. The pool water was incredibly warm! I used to shiver in class, but today, it felt like room temperature. Reasons:
a. it was hot the entire day and heated the pool
b. I just returned from cold/cool Scandic and it was a far far galatic cry from ice-swimming
c. I had an extra 1kg of flotation device on my sides and behind, otherwise known as fats, to insulate me

I think all the reasons apply.

We did various drills with the pool-buoy - front kicks, front pull, side kicks, sculling. Then we swam 400m, 400m, 300m, followed by 8x 50m sprints. Loved the sprints tonight, felt fresh and ready to go. Had pretty consistent timings per lap, fastest was sub-58sec, possibly my record. Ahh.... good to be back training.

No comments: