Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Finally, a run!

Days of pouring showers - the last weekend count was almost 60h non-stop! - have messed up everyone's training plans. My long runs and rides were cancelled over the weekend and I was missing them.

Thankfully, the sun shone through today. It is the eve of the lunar new year, the highlight being the traditional reunion dinner. But I had a 2h slot in between cleaning up my room and the dinner, and I made a beeline for my running shoes immediately.

Alas, my GTs were not with me and I had to make do with the DS-Trainers (not my ideal shoes). I ran from house to the Ulu Pandan canal park connector, and covered the canal end-to-end. Then I headed back along Ngee Ann Poly, Jln Jurong Kechil and Bt Batok East Ave 6. Estimated distance was 15km? There were several runners and cyclists along the way. I guess everyone was happy to be back in the outdoors after the torrential washouts.

Very pleased that I was finally able to be out running. :)

No comments: