Saturday, February 12, 2011

Love Miles in the Trail

Some people call them junk miles. To me, junk miles are only junk if one is following a training plan towards some race targets. Not when one spontaneously sneak a rendezvous with those trusty running shoes and head out for a quickie. I call them love miles.

The idea was to do my long run at MR this morning. Obviously I woke up late and had to rush back for a noon appointment. So I ended up running 1x complete loop, and 1x Northern trail loop. It was a nice morning, the trails would never feel as hot as running on the roads. I lost a lot of my speed, my legs were not used to a higher cadence nor my heart comfortable with pumping hard. But I enjoyed the run, no pressure. Well ok, technically I was supposed to be training for HK marathon next week, but it was too late to do anything useful. So heck, I would just run along happily and hope not to collapse along the way or something embarrassing.

I was rather looking forward to 6-March, the day after IMNZ. Happy to not have to do long swims and long rides thereafter. Happy to just be reunited with my shoes. No more swim-bike-run. Going back to plain vanilla run-run-run. :)

No comments: