Friday, February 4, 2011

Melting Run to Mandai

It was really tough running under the sweltering heat. We started at 230pm, from my house towards Mandai. It was my usual cycling route, but the road felt so different on the run vs bike. I noticed more things and details than I did while riding.

After 40min, the heat got to me. It was really depressing and mental to continue the run, but I had to at least make it to the Shell station to top up my water. I strolled a little and ran a little. Thankfully, the cloud cover drifted over and the weather cooled a little. We managed to run up a section of the Mandai slope before turning back. A pit-stop at Esso after Linear offered a great respite. Ice-cold Minute Maid juice! Alas the weather was erratic and we ran into a drizzle near home. So from burning sun to being drenched. Oh my. Total distance 23-24km.

I was more interested in running along Mandai to Seletar Reservoir actually. The rolling slopes resembled the HK marathon route and made for good training. Just like cycling. But that meant I would have to drive to somewhere along Mandai to start the run. Hmmm, that would take some planning.

1 comment:

Jodan said...

Saw u and Alber running opposite Linear. =)
U guys are awesome!