Sunday, April 17, 2011

MR Devotion

An entire week, 6 days straight!!! without a single mileage of training. Work was crazy, the weather was bonkers, and I was all strung up, ready to snap at everyone within sight any time. Because I was missing all my workouts and run and that endorphin cold-turkey was killing me.

So this past weekend, I was on a MR vengeance.

On Sat, I ran with the guys and we started at a somewhat self-punishing pace. I knew I would not survive the full loop at that speed. But still, it felt so so very good to be running in the cool weather after the morning downpour. I found my pace, and ran 2 loops. Happily. After the much-needed endorphin shot, life was back to normal again. Everything seemed happier and chirpier. :)

On Sun, the weather was the exact opposite. It was easily the hottest day of the week. I headed to MR in the late afternoon at 5pm. My friend thought that I was joking when I said I was going to MR again. It was still hot but not so once I was in the comfort of the trail. I completed one loop, then u-turned and went back towards the fitness station and out again. Total of 14-15km. It was a very different crowd at MR on a Sunday evening vs the usual times I was there. Tonight, it was very much a family affair. I saw parents jogging with their children, playing in the open field and so forth. It was a nice change from all the chiong-ing runners in the morning.

No comments: