Sunday, May 15, 2011

My First 30km LSD

Yes! I finally completed my first 30km LSD in two months. The weight gain got to me and goaded me into action this morning. I hit the MR trail and willed myself to run 3 loops. It was a slow but steady pace, the first 2 sets having an even split timing, and the last set was a notch slower.

I stayed within the trail all the while, and did not bother exiting to the concrete or visitor centre. That meant that I went from A-B, B-A and A-B again, covering the same route 3 times in slightly different directions. That also meant that I kept seeing some of the people strolling on the trail more than a few times.

The ranger station toilet became my pit stop. It was about 5km from either end of the trail. The weather was not as sweltering as the past weekends, but it was still humid. I was soaking wet and succumbed to a Gu-gel on my 3rd loop.

Total run time ~ 3:32h.

Thoroughly enjoyed myself and the quiet time in the trail. :)

No comments: