Monday, May 2, 2011

Long Running Weekend

Thank goodness for a long weekend. The weather held up gloriously. Slight drizzle throughout the days made for very cooling runs. I was happy to be able to run at any time of the day. :)

Saturday - Did an evening run around my estate. For a moment, I thought that the election campaign banners were wrongly placed, until I realised that I had run from one GRC to another. On my way back, I decided to jog through the Sunset Way estate to check out the houses there. Some of the bungalows were really huge and beautiful in a quiet estate. Aspirational. I ran about 14-15km.

Sunday - There was a morning drizzle but I headed out anyway. Thought that I could do a long run, but no, sugar low. Ran from my house to Clementi canal to NUS through the winding slopes and out. Along the way, the rain started and stopped and restarted. I was very tempted to flag a cab home, and there were many empty ones that drove past me. But I trotted along until Clementi and decided to take a bus back because I was rushing for an appointment. Definitely an off-form run. Another 15-16km perhaps?

Monday - Dropped by MF Safra in the late afternoon. Plan was to complete two loops around MF, but alas the gym was closing early today. So I had to shorten my run to 1.5 loops. 15km.

But immensely happy with my slow trots. :)

No comments: