Sunday, June 13, 2010

Safra Sunday Long Run

I can't recall the last time I came for an early morning Safra long run. We decided to swing by today. 24km to NUS and back. It was quite a struggle for me. Maybe it was the ham-cheese sandwich in the morning. I felt the same lethargy as yesterday on the ride. Or maybe it was just this weekend.

It was a hot morning and I was drenched in sweat after a while. Before 10km, I had drunk half my bottle of water. I stopped in NUS for a toilet break and refilled my water. Poor Alber was going at a brisk walking pace in front of me just to wait for me. When we turned out to the S.BV Road, I told him to go ahead and meet back at the clubhouse.

I rolled down the winding road and stopped again at one of the petrol kiosks to refill my bottle. And got a bottle of Apple-Aloe-Vera juice. Sugar! Then I slowly inched my way back to Safra, across the pedestrians along HarbourFront. It was almost 3h when I returned. Arghh.....

No comments: