Saturday, June 12, 2010

That Bonked Ride

Alber, Melvin and I dusted the webs off our bikes and got Eddie along for a morning ride. Melvin's special request was "less than 100km". We were all starting from zero. Literally. The last time I rode was my roadie during Sundown, going at walking pace. Suddenly my Ceepo felt so light, fast and out of control. And I hit my own calf while clipping in. Klutzy....

We took a new route today, to avoid the Upp BT area that was full of construction. Eddie brought us onto Brickland Road, which was a nice empty stretch, and onto Sg Kadut, which was not so nice with industrial trucks and dirt. That route was 4km longer than my usual way to Mandai. We did 1 standard Mandai loop and stopped at the Shell station. I was super lethargic and just could not pedal. I think my quads are simply weak. :(

In desperate need for a milo. Maybe my blood had gushed to digest my wholemeal ham-cheese sandwich and nothing was going to my legs! We all looked at one another and it seemed like nobody wanted to do another loop. Ooops, haha. So we headed back for lunch. Total distance 58km. Only one-third of an IM....

No comments: