Sunday, October 28, 2007

Safra LSD 39km

This morning Safra planned a 38km run and I was looking forward to it. I had prepared my breakfast and drinks last night, so this morning was a breeze when I woke up. It felt almost like race day. My strategy today was to keep a consistent pace (as if I had any other strategy, haha) and not to stop at all. KK and Wayne very kindly set up 2 water points along the route, but I was determined not to stop and break my rhythm.

My trusty Endurance drink took me to about 32km before I topped up my bottle with water. I took 3:02 to return to Fort Rd B1 (~30km), I thought it was a good pace. Alas, the next 9km (I extended a little to loop round the lagoon after seafood centre) took me 1:10h! The weather was very hot and I tried to run in the shade. At some stretches along Nicoll Highway, I was almost plastered to the fence/ barricade so that I could catch the shade. All in, my run was ~39km, 4:12:22h, 3pkts of powergel, 1bt of Endurance drink. At this pace, I can almost predict my marathon timing. :( Oh well.... Let's just enjoy the long run as it is. Some of the newer runners also clocked fairly long distances. Everyone then headed to Old Airport Rd hawker centre for a well-deserved lunch.

When I reached home, I was surprisingly diligent. Maybe I was still high from the powergel-caffeine overload. I washed my running shoes, cleaned, degreased and lubed 2 bicycles, packed some climbing gear, and vacuumed my room! Domestic therapy huh. :)

No comments: