Saturday, October 27, 2007

Powerman Night Ride

Tonight's (Friday) training for Powerman was a long ride. We set off about 930pm from my house and headed up the usual route towards Kranji and Neo Tiew area. I'm not experienced cycling at night, my Oakley lenses are all too dark. I wore a pair of industrial lenses that was almost clear but with a slight tinge of grey. Bad choice - the shades did not stay well on my face and kept sliding down my nose bridge, so I had to tilt my neck to see the road ahead. That meant a totally stiff neck and shoulder. The lenses also could not bring out the light contrast in the dark, which meant I couldn't go fast as I couldn't see well. I think I'll invest in a yellow lens for my M-frame.

Then I had an idea. The Lim Chu Kang cemetry area was a long flat stretch lit by street lamps, and had zero traffic. Perfect for doing laps. Brilliant! Each way was about 3km, so I suggested 4 laps. At the last minute, I decided to add another 2 laps so as to push up the mileage so as to experience race distance. Total riding distance 64km. Time, slow.... Got home past midnight and decided to refuel with prata supper. :)

No comments: