Saturday, October 20, 2007

1st Brick Training

Today we tried brick training, in preparation for Powerman race in Nov. Alas it was raining in the morning, and we only got started at noon. We did a slow bike from my place to Neo Tiew area, passed the Lim Chu Kang cemetery which is my favourite cruising stretch, and returned via Boon Lay Way. We rode for about 2h plus at a rather relaxed pace.

Since it was meant to be a transition training, we jumped into running shoes and took off - or attempted to. I didn't refuel myself after the ride, big mistake. I was so low on glucose, the short run was a total lacklustre disaster. The only time I perked up was when I ran past a snake that was coiling its way up a tree. I happened to catch it around my eye level, it was an instant fright-flight situation. With my goose pimples turned on 120%, I sprinted down the pavement.

No comments: