Thursday, October 25, 2007

Discounted MF Loops

We had a training discount today. Trainers decided to scrap the staircase workout as we were going to have a super long run on Sunday. So it was only 5 MF loops this evening. My legs felt fresh after 2 days of rest. But I didn't want to push, lest I aggravate my toe further. I've not done hill loops for a long time, and took it at a relaxed consistent pace. By the 3rd set though, I could feel a little tightness by the outer side of my knee. Hmmm, could this be the ITB spot that so many runners experienced? I held back a little on the downslope. My philosophy is to not get running injuries at all, so as not to have any downtime. However, I felt quite geared up to blast off the 5th set, so I put down my bottle and took off. It made a huge difference without the bottle in hand, my arm swings were much more fluid and effective. I found myself gliding up the slope steadily, lightly. I held the pace all the way to the top of the slope, and picked up on the way down. It was my fastest set ever. I was very surprised, I could not remember the last time I clocked such a timing on MF loop. I'm very much looking forward to Sunday's incredibly long run.

No comments: