Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Chatty Run

Safra's 10km run this evening was from club house to Fort Canning Hill. This must top the list for being one of the most disruptive routes the group has done. We were caught in so many traffic junctions, roadside constructions, vehicles turning into small lanes, and total darkness at Fort Canning Hill, it was a nightmare just trying to keep moving.

I guess the run was more bearable because everyone was in a tapering off mood and running rather relaxedly. I even managed to chit chat with a few runners along the way, something that I'd not done for a long time when everyone was all geared up for marathon training and chiong-ing all the way. Due to the relaxed mood, the group ran closely together, and I could hear lots of laughter from the back. Clearly, the girls were enjoying themselves, jibing one another. On the way back, I chatted with Lai Chee about bicycles and gear parts, and how expensive they were. Fortunately for me, it was an easy run today and she slowed her pace to accomodate me. I would never be able to run alongside her and talk to her at the same time!

We ran along riverside walk, where diners were tucking into their fancy dinners and wines. The aromatic whiffs of food filled the air, tempting us to slow down and check out their table spreads. We went past a Japanese charcoal grilled restaurant, and Jaime commented it smelt like satay! I guess it was true to a certain extent. Afterall, yakitori is simply a much more expensive and refined version of satay.

Next we passed Gallery Hotel, where I had dinner at its Satsuma restaurant the night before. Lovely quaint little cafe, nice ambience for an acceptable quality of food. I started discussing with KK about otoro and sake toro, and why tuna costs so much more than salmon sashimi. Oooh, the love of my tongue. I could have Japanese cuisine everyday and not tire of it, especially melt-in-your-mouth belly slices.

The group made our way back to the clubhouse in light-hearted banter and company. Such was a run I missed, the easy comraderie and social pace that made running all the more enjoyable at times.

No comments: