Thursday, November 29, 2007

Tapering Off

Wednesday evening I went for a RPM Challenge class. Kee Leong was back on schedule and the usual participants came. A couple of weeks ago, Glen took some replacement classes and attendance was dismal. I tried to spin hard as it would be my last workout before tapering off for the weekend's marathon. I went home for dinner after class. My mum had gotten hold of a Japanese cold dish that was a seaweed-wrapped fish roe. It had a refreshing taste, but I was not a big fan.

Thursday was the start of my 3-day tapering off and carbo loading plan. We had a departmental seafood lunch where I polished off 1.5 bowls of rice with the dishes. I had a massage at DJ's place in the evening before she returned to China for 2 weeks. The back of my knees and lower calves were rather tight - my perennial problem zones. And horrors! My big toe had not fully recovered after such a long time. Hopefully none of which would give me any problems during the marathon. Dinner was another huge bowl of rice and some chicken pieces. Oooh, I can have rice any day, everywhere! Perfect.

No comments: