Thursday, November 1, 2007

Run like Volkswagen Mini

Today was Safra's easy run day - 15km. Yeah! *bells & whistles* But it was by no means "easy" as the fast runners were all storming down the road with such intensity. Me being the perennial lazy runner, kept to one side of the lane and let them overtake me. I felt no compulsion to give chase, in what I knew would be a futile effort and crashing myself in the process.

Heng, Alber and I extended our run into Botanic Gdns while the rest turned off along Holland Rd after MFA. It is always a challenge to run in Botanic in the dark, and not make the wrong turns around the many winding paths. We exited at the Bt Timah/ Farrer Road end and headed back to Safra. Margaret Drive was as mental as before, that 2km stretch is so boring and draining, I tried to distract myself by counting my cadence. Alber sped ahead, and Heng was keeping a nice pace slightly behind me. I tried to go faster along the canal, obviously not being a very seasoned fast runner, I didn't like the hard breathing feeling at all. :( Heng and I then decided to do an extra loop around MF, returning by Kg Bahru. That brought the day's run to about 20-21km. A nice and easy relaxed run.

I feel like a Volkswagen Mini or something, slowly slowly trot along. I probably can trot and trot forever, nevermind the distance, and I'll eventually complete it. I'm so not a Honda CRX. Haha.......

No comments: