Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Iron Legs

Today was a bad run day. Period. I went for Safra's MF Loop training, but my legs (quads) were so heavy from Sunday's race that it was a pain to go uphill. I forced myself to go through 5 loops before I surrendered. Each loop took me such an incredibly long time, I knew it was totally ineffective and was merely going through the motion of chugging up the loops. I was not going to make it through the stair sets, so I skipped them. The plan was to go down Morse Rd and run back to clubhouse, hopefully getting some recovery on the flats. I was angry with myself for not listening to my legs and insisting on doing the prescribed training. In the end, I achieved neither mileage nor speed training. *sulk* To add fuel to my discouraged ego, I half-trotted and half-strolled the shorter Henderson route back to Safra. I could not muster up the power to run up Henderson Rd, one of my favourite slopes. :(

I'm probably lethargic from the race and a lack of sleep. I guess a race time of 4:32h is not something to crow about, neither is it to be scoffed at. I consoled myself that it was still some amount of effort nonetheless, and I should not be too hard on myself for a bad run day. I headed home for a quick dinner and early night. I think this is my down-cycle recovery week. Oh fraps....

No comments: