Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Dragging Feet

I went to Da Jie for massage last night. She has not lost her touch after 1 year's break, spot-on as usual. It was interesting how she kneaded the back of my knees to relieve the tension in the calves. And she did a great job with my sprained toe, which had been bugging me for 3 weeks. I think it just did not have a chance to recover fully, given my running. The toe was nagging again after Sunday's MR run, so imagine my relief when I could finally bend and wriggle it freely after DJ was through with it. :)

My legs felt ok today. A group of us decided to clock some mileage instead of following Ong on the hill repeats. I planned to run the Botanic Gardens route (15-16km) and then extend to HarbourFront & Kg Bahru (4.8km). I started off rather strong, but after we exited from Botanic Gardens, I could feel that I was going downhill. True enough, my pace slowed tremendously. I've no idea why. Perhaps it was due to the mild diarhhea I had before the run, or the ice-cream we ate in the office that spiked-dipped my blood sugar. I cut short my run and ended at the clubhouse. It was a drag just to get back, and it was getting late. Hope to run better on Thursday.

No comments: