Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Adventure Calendar

I am still wondering what adventures to fit into my calendar this year. Let's see, I've a few things in mind, major events that I have or would really love to do each year (and that list is getting longer... in no order of priority):

1x Ironman
1x Ultra-run
1x High altitude climb

In that context, I think I'd have to give Mongolia a miss. Between the Mongolia 100k and a climb, the latter has more appeal. I guess that's simply because I just ran the MR-Ultra 84km and suddenly the 100km seemed less challenging and daunting. I probably only have resources, time & money, for one of the two events.

So then I wonder if I should attempt the Gold Coast marathon in July? The grand paper-plan is to do Phuket half as a lead-up to GCM full. But would I be able to do a good timing in GCM if I am not training for it? The expectations (personal & external) of a good sub-4h carried some pressure.

Or maybe I could combine 2-in-1 and go for the Everest Base Camp marathon, achieving both a high-altitude trek and run. But that's not a climb, really.

Argh.... options and temptations.

No comments: