Saturday, January 16, 2010

Perfect 100

I can't believe I got 'drunk' (well, knocked out) on mussels! We had pots of mussels cooked in assortment of sauces, mostly alcoholic, last night. And I kept spooning mouthfuls unknowingly. All I had was half a glass of wine, but damn, those soups.... *hic*

So this morning, I totally overslept for my morning ride. Sorry to keep you guys waiting. Oops. We finally started at 830am from Yishun Safra. I had 4 hours, just enough to complete 4x Mandai loops. It felt a lot more like 8x intervals. I was pedalling hard, by my standards, over the rolling hills, trying to keep the speed on flats at 26-30+kmh. The winds were changing directions through the day. So on some slopes we had fabulous tailwinds, and then some were just so demoralizing.

Melvin had a semi-flat around 70km, but enough air to roll back to Safra. Alas, Henry broke his chain! So Alber & I continued the 4th loop. It was really tough, especially the last slopes on the return.

Total distance: 100km. No water breaks, no pitstops, just pure hard pounding for 4h straight.
Oh my poor butt... I was totally flat by the end of the ride. We had lunch at the coffeeshop opposite Safra. Hard-earned meal, 2 iced-milo, ... and rushed off to shower & attend a race briefing. I felt like I burnt so much calories! (But that's probably self-delusional....)

No comments: