Wednesday, January 13, 2010

YF Strides Day 1

My first session of YF Strides since I missed last week's inaugural session. We did circuit training, drills, and ended with a 2.4km round the track. Oh gosh, I cannot recall the last time I did so many push-ups in one sitting!

Circuit - 8 sets of 4 activities, each activity lasting 30sec, rest 30sec, move on to the next one.
1. push-ups
2. plank
3. leg raisers
4. lunges (same leg, then switch leg)

Drills - I think it was 6 sets of 3 drills, each repeating about 6 times.
1. side skips
2. high knees (moving forward slowly)
3. butt kicks (moving forward slowly)
Super ouch. My lower calves almost cramped from the side skips and high knees. The lateral movements and landing on mid-foot were lactic inducing. Not to mention a slight strain on the ball of my left foot.

Track - 6x 400m with 30sec rest @ moderate pace
1- 1:47min
2- 1:45min
3- 1:49min
4- 1:49min
5- 1:47min
6- 1:45min

By normal accounts, that timing would be a moderate pace. But after all that drills, it was hardly moderate. Ouch....

Fish-on-land boot camp, let the fun-pain begin!

No comments: