Sunday, January 3, 2010

Long Ride

Dragged ourselves out for a 530am ride. Groan... painful.

Why were drivers so impatient at 6am on a Sunday morning? They were all rushing to beat the traffic lights, despite 3 bicycles with blinking bright lights staring at them. Damn. I struggled to stay awake in the dark. My body just was not awake yet. I actually stopped for a while at a random bus stop along Coastal Road to stretch and perk myself up. Miraculously once past 7am, my circadian clock vanished and I was chirpy once more. Oh my. No wonder I struggled with summit attempts in the mountains, they were all carried out in the coldest and darkest hours of the day.

We rode the usual route from Casuarina - YCK - Serangoon - Tampines - Coastal and stopped at B1 for a water break. Approx. 50+km. It was tough cycling along that ECP stretch, I could not imagine running the Sundown 84 up/down there for 4 times.

Continuing, we cycled to Kallang and the F1 route, and then to West Coast Mac. 75km. Time for breakfast, I was low on sugar.

Headed to NTU (90km) for 2 loops (5km each), my climbs were bad. Stopped for a drink at the sports canteen. Next up was the Neo Tiew and Kranji area, where I loved to speed. 115km. We had lunch at the coffeeshop before riding back to Casuarina. 130km.

No comments: