Thursday, April 1, 2010

Half Swim & SOS

Sprints after an ultra run were just asking for it, retribution. Knee felt bad last night after the trackwork. The sudden sharp jabs under the knee caps that were so familiar to my injury 2 years ago. I could not trigger the pain so I had no idea how or what positions caused it. Typically some minute sideward movement of the knee, like when I sat down and stood up, or sat down and moved my legs. Very random. :(

No running tonight. Swim class. Should be good for the legs. How very wrong. I was too tired to swim properly, legs too heavy to float. Strained knee felt locked and I could not kick properly. Random breast stroke kicks were bad. Front crawl kicks hurt somewhat. After an hour of getting dropped even in Lane 1 by swimmers slower than myself, I bailed out.

Called Victor for SOS, he managed to squeeze me in at 9pm. I met Chin KK there, getting his painful rub-down just before me. Eeeuouch, tonight's massage was painful! My ITB and inner abductors and hamstrings and whatever there was on my legs were sensitive to the touch. Victor diagnosed that the quad muscle that went from the outer butt to the inner knee was the main problem (it controlled side movement and rotation of knee), as well as the other tight surrounding muscles. Knee felt looser after the pain, yeah.

I was soooo paranoid, especially since it was an old injury spot that last 8 months previously. Better be kiasee and preventive than cure. Oh oh precious knee.

No comments: