Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bright New Orange Jersey

A meeting ended late and I only started my run at 7.15pm. Drove into Safra club and saw Julie running alone towards clubhouse. Probably doing her own long run today. Everyone else had started by then, not a single runner in sight. I was wearing my new NB top and shorts. Thought I should test them out for short distances first. NB tops typically are not very absorbant and tend to be heavy with sweat after 20km. So mine was a new Lightning Dry series, bought with this month's 40% Safra discount. An orange top so bright, the traffic can't miss me! The cutting was flattering, and fabric soft. Maybe I should get 1-2 more. The shorts were an acceptable length and had a zippable pocket behind, handy for key & cash.

Went down Henderson Road. My calves were really really tight from Tuesday's hill work and yesterday's crazy spin. Met Linda at the junction of Morse Road, she had just finished her MF loop. I lumbered on, up MF slope. Calves killing! Stopped at the top of slope to stretch both calves and ankles, and saw Teck Hou coming from the opposite direction. Continued the usual MF 10km route, and met Heng and Alber coming up Morse Rd slope again on their 2nd half of run. Somewhere along Harbourfront, Alex appeared from behind. Since he caught up from behind, technically his pace would be faster than mine. But he neither went ahead of nor slowed down behind me. That made it difficult and distracting to run alongside because our natural gait and pace were mismatched.

End of 10km, back to club. Decided not to continue another 5km loop since everyone else was back, and I had lost my running rhythm. Another long run awaits tomorrow. Did a quick abs routine and headed for the shower. Happy with my new top and bottom.

No comments: