Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Unbelievably Bad Day

I need to gripe. Bad bad day. Unbelievably bad.

Left the house and was almost blocked by the big refuse collection truck outside my gate. Reached the office and wrestled with bank over an online transaction and the foreign merchant. Three unresolved calls to the bank and a nasty email to the merchant. Then a race organizer emailed that my registration was incomplete, but which I clearly recalled submitting last year. Patience and civility was tested, and an impatient email exchange followed. It was the organizer's oversight. At my expense. A close friend called next with undelightful updates. Then a series of little irritable occurrences in the office. And my carelessness in the morning would boomerang and hit me later this evening. Arrrghh.....

Safra run. 14km. Round TB park, via canal and park connectors to Ridley Rd. We skipped the Botanic Gardens. It was my 1st run since last Friday's ITB scare. I was oh-so-slow that I easily trailed a far distance behind the runners. Ong was running with Jaime, their nice couply romantic run. :) Linda came late, but she easily blasted off to catch up with the main pack. Ricci was very late too, he lapped me near Tanglin Village. Anyhow, after the initial angst, it was solo cruise all the way back. The ITB felt ok, only a minor tingling around 1:15h mark. Hmm, F's massage seemed to work, though of course the distance and speed were much reduced tonight. Would need another follow-up massage. I skipped the TB park on the return, cut across the canal to Henderson Rd and stretched my ITB at the long traffic light junction. The runners had finished their stretching exercises when I returned. Oh well, I was still going to proceed with my crunches and such. Hopefully I could build a stronger abs and core for better performance and less injuries.

No comments: