Sunday, March 9, 2008

MTB Klutzy

The weather was playing hide-and-seek with me all day. Bright sunshine, heavy downpour, sunshine, rain, sunshine.... I badly needed to bring my MTB into the trails for a trial, and the skies were not cooperating. After what seemed like an endless rain, the sun bored down hotly. I took the bike and rode around my estate to familiarize myself. 5-10min later, it started raining again. But after Alber and I packed the bikes, the rain stopped! I was adament that I would test the bike today, so we took out all the gear again.

We rode to Bt Batok Nature Park. Geez, I did not know that the park was so near my house, with a very pleasant interior. Quiet, calming and almost scenic. I practised going down steep slopes and climbing them. Oh man, a roadie was so much easier on the slopes! I also tried cycling around an open field with many tree roots to experience bouncing and skidding over them.

It was tremendous hard work to control and ride a MTB in the trails! I foresee lots of bike pushing during the race....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey,

No worries on the bike. Its Ok. It just a fun and tahaning race. So bring your camera and just try to do as much riding as possible.

Of course, the rest are kayak, running, rubber tubing, and ropes.