Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hot Long Run

After a week's incessant rain, today was exceptionally bright and sunny. Hot and humid. The weather was so sapping, running was very draining. I drank a lot and refilled at every water/ toilet points. Marina South was its usual - mental. We turned right after Prince Edwards to extend towards the Esplanade. By the time I reached the Singapore Flyer, I was shuffling along and had to stop and stretch my ITB many times. I decided to turn around and run back to the club. Finally I could not resist and bought a sports drink from the 7-11 at Anson Road. It had been water water throughout the whole run. Oh the chilled isotonic drink felt so good! At least I managed to up my shuffle to an... uhm... faster shuffle. Totally sapped and and tired by the end of the run.

No comments: