Friday, March 28, 2008

Recovery Jog

So I'd laid off and chilled for an entire week after the bike crash and returning to Singapore. I counted. Exactly 7 days of idling and no workouts.

Today, I eventually dragged myself out for a short run. I had some time after work and before dinner, so what better use of the time than to be out for a trot. I must have somehow hit my left rib/ chest area from the fall. The abrasions were ok, superficial wounds that healed quite fast. The internal strain was harder to detect and recover from. It hurts when I stretch my hands upwards, or lift my chest out, or swing my arms on the run. Ouch. Anyhow, I ran from office to the end of Esplanade Park and back. 45min. Legs felt fresh after the long break. Lungs, though, were trying to wake up from the hibernation state.

I'd dropped 1kg from the spate of stomach quirks since last week. Hmm... Not good, no strength, no power. Need to rebuild fitness.

No comments: