Thursday, April 24, 2008

Junk Miles in the Drizzle

Oops. Was late for run and stuck outside Safra as the carpark was full. By the time I headed off, it was almost 730pm. Alber and I did a very relaxed run. A slow 8km run around Depot Rd, Alexandra, Harbourfront and back. Still felt tired and in need of some tapering before Saturday's long run. The slow slow jog started with my calf numbing up, again. Sigh, deja vu. Stopped to massage a litte. It got better after about 2km. At that point, it felt like I was doing junk miles in the rain. The kind of running mileage that had no benefit whatsoever, neither training nor recovery.

The run was slow and contemplative. I forgot that I was running. My mind wandered off to some work issues. I took my time to mull through them, footsteps on auto pilot in the background. Coincidentally we returned to Safra at the same time as the rest of the group that had gone to recee Sunday's location run route. Took a quick dinner at Henderson - the cooking fumes was so choking!

No comments: