Saturday, August 21, 2010

Another Test Run

Getting most frustrated. I put on my shoes and headed for a neighbourhood test jog. It was about 1030am, but the weather was beautiful today. The kind of perfect race-day weather, overcast but no rain, cooling. Also the kind of perfect training weather.... Sigh.

I attempted an easy trot. It was the kind of recreational jog, the get-fit routine that middle-aged aunties and uncles do weekly. On normal days, it was have been my warmup jog. That made it even more frustrating to me.

Out of my house, up Toh Tuck steep slope, wound through the private estate, followed on to the prata eateries along Upp Bt Timah Rd, back down to Old Bt Batok Rd/ Jln Jurong Kechil, BB St 25, and home.

I went very slowly. Initially, it felt really good to be out there, pounding the roads in my runners. Ahhh that familiar carefree running feeling, the feeling that I could go on and on and run forever. About 20+ min into the run, legs still felt ok. Perhaps a little tension around the knee or the hip. But ok, did not have to stop and stretch. Or rather, a deliberate decision that I could go on without stopping to stretch.

Finished the jog in 37min. It was such a short distance, probably 5km?

End of run. Felt good to generate some sweat, but still half-hearted disillusioned.

No comments: