Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Start Stop Hills

I decided to test the extent of my ITB strain tonight, after 4 days of resting and massages. We were doing MF hills for our Strides class. I parked at Safra and jogged up Morse Rd. It was my test to see if my knee was ok for today's class. If it hurt during the 2km warm-up, I would skip class.

Knee felt ok. So I thought I would try the loops. 5 loops in the reverse direction, and 4 in our normal Safra MF direction. I completed 7 loops, having to stop every 2-3 loops for a thorough stretch.

Running up was fine, but not down. My right knee tightened progressively as I gingerly jogged downhill. My timings were so irregular that Coach gave up recording. "They're not real.", he said.

Reverse direction:
10:50min, 10:26, stretch, 9:57, 10:39

Stretch.

Normal direction:
8:28, 9:59, stretch, 11:27

But just so thankful that I was still able to run.

No comments: