Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Spin Reacquainted

I did not want to be at the track tonight and watch others run while I sat there sulking. Sandy offered me a free pass to the spinning class that she was conducting. Such a last minute arrangement but thankfully I had the right gear with me. So I took up her idea.

The last time I sat on a studio spinning bike was almost 2 years ago. Although it was a different bike, that familiar spinning setup and feeling came back instantly once the music started. A little short-breathed from the sudden intensity but it was good fun. And good sweat. Coincidentally, Andy was there as well, right on the bike next to mine.

The nice thing about spinning was that it loosened up my back (unlike running which was a stiffening sport), and I could spend time after class for a nice long stretch. Which I did, setting my bent legs on the saddle and 'sitting' down to thoroughly stretch those butt and hip muscles.

It was fun!

No comments: